Wednesday, April 17, 2013

wild horses






Top by Anna Sui // Jeans by Rich & Skinny // Boots by Diane Von Furstenberg // Hat by Coal Headwear // Bracelets and Arrowhead Necklace by Gold & Gray // Coin Necklace by Runes

I have to admit that when I started this blog, I saw myself as somewhat of an LA expert. Having been raised here since I was seven years old and never feeling even the slightest desire to live anywhere else, I thought I had seen just about everything this city had to offer. One of the most pleasant perks of blogging so far has been finding out how completely wrong I was. Example A: I live about 5 minutes from Griffith Park, and I've never ridden the ponies. 

Today I had the great pleasure of meeting Hank Bronk who has owned and managed the Griffith Park Pony Rides for over 50 years. Clearly, when it comes to being an LA expert, there's no way I can hold a candle to this guy. Hank was nice enough to show us around the facilities, share stories, and introduce us to some of his team of about 150 ponies. I took a special liking to the Shetlands, who looked like the cutest little ragamuffins as they're currently in the middle of shedding their thick winter coats. Unfortunately I'm over the 13 year old age limit to ride the ponies, but we'll definitely be back to visit our new friend Hank and to see these sweet little horses in action. 

14 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous! I'm in love with this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that top is amazing, the print is gorgeous!! I think you have great style and you wear to most amazing clothes, totally my thing > like it a lot :D!! Just wanted to let you know I'm definately following you via Bloglovin'!

    XOXO from the Netherlands,
    Lucia

    ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

    http://luciafloresdesigndiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a 13 year old age limit to ride the ponies?!?! You've got to be kidding me... Ok, at least you can pet the hell out of them even if you're 20+.:) Great outfit too, babe, I'm liking those pants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, You are amazing that outfit and the pictures are so wonderful!

    http://everythingsalwayssunny.com
    Kristin
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. in love with those shoots! You look nice!!

    If you have time stop also on my blog!
    xx
    www.ireneccloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great look! :)

    xx pauline
    classycroissant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. in love with this post, and your whole entire blog in general.

    lots of love from the casper&pearl girls – a little Aussie fashion brand
    casper&pearl blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeep!! Love yo blog, so happy I found via your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this post. Those printed jeans are amazing and those horses are so super cute x

    INSIDE IN INSIDE OUT

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg those horses are so beautiful! love the necklaces... so cute! you look gorgeous! :)
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the ponies! they are so so awesome!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe there's an age limit to ride, so lame!! It should be a weight limit instead haha
    Beautiful pics. Your hair is an otherworldly version of gorgeous!

    xo FRESHFIZZLE

    ReplyDelete
  13. We love your look here at Ivvyy! These patterns and colors have definitely inspired us for our next look!
    We are a new blog, so please check us out, we would love your feedback!

    http://ivvyy.blogspot.com/

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips